Become a STA FM Member

Office Hours

Mon – Fri | 9AM – 12PM


(02) 5619 2439


Uncle Frog’s Mushroom Gummies Warning

by | Jun 27, 2024 | Health, Media Release | 0 comments

The NSW Chief Health Officer has issued a warning for the community not to consume Uncle Frog’s Mushroom Gummies after several people presented to hospital experiencing unexpected toxicity.

Since April 2024, at least five people have been treated in NSW hospitals after ingesting the gummies, named.

• Uncle Frog’s Mushroom Gummies – Cordyceps

• Uncle Frog’s Mushroom Gummies – Lion’s Mane.

There have also been hospitalisations interstate.

Patients have reported signs and symptoms, including:

• Nausea and/or persistent vomiting

• Seizure like activity and involuntary movement (such as arms/legs twitching, eye movement)

• Anxiety

• Disturbing hallucinations

• Drowsiness or loss of consciousness

• Dizziness or lightheadedness

• Racing heart/pulse.

If you have these products, dispose of them safely, away from children and pets to avoid accidental consumption. If people experience the above symptoms or are unwell, please contact the NSW Poisons Information Centre on 13 11 26, or if seriously ill call Triple Zero.


Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Other News